Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cat's Meow Toy Review

I have two shelter cats that mean the world to me. They are my babies! I used to spoil them by getting pricey toys from boutique pet shops. However, no matter what, they always had more fun with the box. Even the interactive toys that I played along with them (like the laser and feather stick) did not amuse them after a while.


I had exhausted every effort to keep my kitties occupied by themselves instead of having fun with actual toys. I figured I needed to face the fact that my curtains and furniture were now fair game at playtime. Every time my sister came over, she would a comment about the couch being scratched up. I was forced to admit that my cats were the reason I could not have nice things. Then she mentioned an infomercial she saw on TV for a toy she knew my cats would love. I laughed because I literally felt as though I had tried everything. She assured me the Cat’s Meow Toy was different.

Pros:
  • Keeps the cats entertained for long periods of time.
  • Great physical and mental exercise for cats of all ages.
  • Quiet and not messy.
  • Motor doesn’t quit even if the cat jumps and pounces on it.
  • Battery Operated
  • Nylon cover does not rip

Cons:
  • Batteries not included.
  • All their other toys have become door stops.

The Cat’s Meow is made of nylon fabric so it is durable and is tear resistant. Even during constant scratching and clawing during rough play, the fabric will not rip. In the middle is the motor that hold the wand. When turned on the wand waves create a rippling effect similar to that of a moving mouse. The actual motor is protected by the nylon covering. One of my favorite features of the Cat’s Meow Toy is it runs on batteries. This is especially great for me because I can keep the kitties happy and far away from my home office. 

I know they are happy and occupied in the other room while I get my work done. Most of the flooring in our house is hardwood but my mother has one for her cats and uses it on carpeting. I’ve even used it outside in the grass. The Cat’s Meow works on any flat surface. My cats play with this toy every day and they never get tired of it. They do get tired – it’s fantastic exercise!


I have read some reviews saying that the cat gets bored quickly. I have tried this on several cats, not just mine, and all the results have been the same. I brought it to a friend’s house who wanted to try it out. Her cats loved it. The only time I could imagine a cat getting bored with this is if a bird got in the house. My cats are indoor cats and my friend’s have outdoor cats. Both types of cats enjoy this product very much. It is equally stimulating for cats used to all types of environments.

I read another review stating that the product breaks easily. I have had my Cat’s Meow Toy since the cats were kittens. Their playing style has changed now that they are adult cats. They are much rougher and tougher on the product. The toy is still as good as new. We have had no problems with it breaking or not working to our 100% satisfaction. By the way, the toy has a 30 day money back guarantee, which made feel comfortable getting the toy in the first place. What other cat toys come with a guarantee? Not many. Unless your cat is actually a panther or cheetah, the product will not break.

I was a little worried when I heard the product uses AA batteries. I pictured myself constantly buying batteries, but that was not the case at all. The batteries last so long. The on/off switch makes it very easy to keep the batteries from being drained. Also, when the toy is on it uses very little energy from the battery. I think my electric toothbrush eats batteries faster.


Overall, this toy is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. When you order from the website they double the offer. All you have to do is pay for shipping. I have one in the living room and gave one to a friend. They make great gifts for cat lovers! When I turn it on, the cats come running. It’s so much fun to watch the cats play. They love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment