Friday, August 2, 2013

Flashlight Friends Review

As a single mom of two girls (ages 6 and 9) I find that I have to leave the kids with a baby-sitter a lot. I work long hours and because they are so young they still need help with their meals and getting ready for bed. Bedtime was always the hardest part for the girls. No matter how many times we went over it and attempted to calm them down, there was no shaking the fear of the dark. This became a nightmare for the babysitter. She became frustrated and eventually quit. I left the girls with their grandparents for a few nights while I worked, but that was quite a distance from our house. They had to spend the night and the commute in the morning to school was brutal. I needed a solution fast. 


Getting a dog was an option but I knew that would just create more work for me. And, I couldn’t have the girls sleeping with me. One day at work I mentioned to a coworker my dilemma. I told her all about how the girls were afraid of the dark and how it was becoming extremely difficult to find a babysitter because of it. The nights I came home before the girls went to bed, it wasn’t a problem, but for those two or three nights a week that I worked until 9:30, I needed a solution. My coworker whose husband is a pediatrician suggested Flashlight Friends. 

Pros:
  • Stays illuminated for 10 minutes.
  • Easy tap on, easy tap off.
  • Safe for kids of all ages
  • 6 designs
  • Free shipping with the purchase of 3 or more.

Cons:
  • 6 different designs make for difficulty choosing which ones to get.
  • All other stuffed animals pale in comparison.

I had never heard of them but she explained that they are adorable stuffed animals with lights inside their tummies. How cute! I knew my kids would love them and what better way to fall asleep then holding a Flashlight Friend! I immediately went to the website and bought one for each of the girls for $19.99. I also purchased one for our neighbor who has a three year old toddler afraid of the dark. By purchasing three Flashlights Friends at once I was able to get free shipping- a fantastic savings! This was definitely an unexpected surprise. There are six fun designs so it’s a little tough to choose.

Ever since getting Flashlight Friends, the kids now want to play in the dark. What a difference! They go in their room and turn off the lights and read stories while holding their new Flashlight Friends. Most of all, I am so grateful that they have no problems going to bed at night. They are no longer afraid of the dark. In fact, they went on their first slumber party the other night! I couldn’t believe it. They had never been away from home – other than their grandparents house. Yet, with the Flashlight Friends they enjoyed the slumber party very much. They are even asking when they can go to another one.


The girls have begun having Flashlight Friends slumber parties of their own at our house and invite their friends over. Everyone feels comfortable with their own Flashlight Friend. The light never gets hot and stays on for a full 10 minutes. It automatically shuts off after 10 minutes. It is so easy to turn off and on. The glow is as bright as a night light but not so bright that a child can not fall asleep. We’ve also discovered that they make perfect companions on long car trips that go into the night too. When we visit my sister in Chicago, the drive often gets us in around 10pm at night. The girls have their Flashlight Friends so they can see in the car.

Flashlight Friends have done so much more than just make my kids feel safe in the dark. Funny as it sounds, this adorable toy has made me feel like a good mother. As a single mom I am constantly questioning how I am raising my girls. I am doing it on my own and so I can only hope I do not make too many mistakes. When emotional problems like being afraid of the dark and being afraid to sleep alone arise, I question what I am doing wrong. I always try to do the best I can and hope that they come out relatively normal. I know my long hours at work are tough on the girls, but I have to do them to support the family on my own. Getting the Flashlight Friends for the girls was so much more than a solution for sleeping through the night, it goes so much deeper for me and I am forever grateful that this situation was so easily solved.


I will continue to recommend this product to friends and family members because it is one of the best toys I have ever seen. This toy is fantastic and more than worth the price. The value is priceless for what this product has done for my kids. The finally feel safe and confident in the dark. Even the darkest, stormiest, rainy nights are no longer frightening. With six different designs, it’s fun to pick out the perfect one that fits each child’s personality. Fashion Friends make great gifts for birthdays. Children of any age will enjoy playing with them and having them to sleep comfortably with every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment